Neutral: Smashville, Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Pokemon Stadium 1,
Counter-pick: Brinstar, Frigate, Rainbow Cruise, Lylat Cruise, Halberd, Castle Siege, Delfino, Jungle Japes, Pictochat, Pokemon Stadium 2
Banned: Everything else. YOU CANNOT PLAY ON ANY OTHER STAGE. PERIOD!
1. Each match should be a 3 Stock battle with a 8 minute timer
2. Items are set to "off" and "none"
3. Set format (In Order of Procedure):
For Game 1 of each set, the higher seeded Player/Team must strike 1 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The lower seeded Player/Team must then strike 2 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The higher seeded Player/Team must then choose the Game 1 Stage from the remaining Starter Stages.
4. All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)
5. In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
6. No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
7. In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
8. If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
9. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
10. By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match.
11. The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set <?
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set
DeDeDe's Infinite grab. You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE. NOT EVEN ONCE. The small step CG is banned as well. Normal CG is legal.
The Infinite grab-release on ness/lucas is banned. You must HIT them out of the release, do not re-grab.
Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Plainking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings!
Due to recent events of M2k vs Meep/Gnes, Xyro created the Stage Gliding Rule. Metaknight is not allowed to glide under ANY stage more than 2 times in a row. He MUST land an attack in order to be able to reset the the stage glide count.
MetaKnight Ledge Grab Limit Rule
ALL METAKNIGHTs that enter a match will be under the LGL rule. Metaknights are allowed to grab the ledge a TOTAL of 40 times PER MATCH(assuming the game goes to timer). The numbers can be viewed AFTER a match on the results screen. If you exceed the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your entire SET or match( the TO will decide).