FCU Brawl League
Hosted by: Topix the Creator Yours truly is back once again sooner than you expect I would be, I bet. I'm sure there's not many of you that know me, since this is my first Brawl event being backed by the " Team". As some of you may know me as a notorious FCU/Tournament Organizer on the site, and I have been for a while been trying to pump out events to get activity flowing, especially for Brawl, so I'm glad to be working with the "Events Team" and having the hard work I've been striving to achieve with the long hours I put into each event noticed by the staff. This event will be truly something different as compared to all others you may have been accustomed to, or if you've been accustomed to my events. If you don't know how I run my events, they usually only take place over a period of a day (a few hours usually), and are organized in a chat so if you do decide to join be sure you have a few hours of your day free. Be sure to review all the rules below and this should be a fun event for everyone. If you happen to place well, there will be a great reward for you one of which being accepted as a new member of FCU and have access to the FCU forum (a private forum for competitive players). It's truly a pleasure, and I'm glad to present to everyone this event, I dub the "FCU BRAWL LEAGUE!" Date & Time *This tournament will take place on May 6th, 2012! Following times are listed below by timezone:
5 PM EST
4 PM CST
3 PM MST
2 PM PST IMPORTANT NOTE!!! (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY) Unless you didn't read the following above, I will be organizing this entire event within a xat chat. For those of whom who use Wiinet (Wii Internet Browser), this may conflict with your participation in the event, if possible use a computer, smartphone (with flash), iPhone/iPad/iTouch, anything that is not the Wii...also be sure to have a few hours free on that day, because be assured this will run for a few hours. Xat Chat The link to the Xat chat we are using for this tournament is below. Bookmark it for more convenient use if you want because we may use it in the future: Xat Chat Link (CLICK HERE!!!) *IMPORTANT NOTE: If you want to sign up for the event, easiest way is post below or just send me PM, Pager, or VM saying you want to. Rules & Stagelist
*This event will be running Round-Robin. For anyone that are unfamiliar with Round-Robin, essentially you are playing everyone in your group division (i.e Pool) and whoever has the best record (Wins-Losses) moves on to the next round.
Best 2/3 set
1. The first game is played by mutual consent (both players agree on a stage) or by using the stage striking procedure (listed below).
2. Afterwards the winner of the previous game gets 2 stage bans to ban any stage on the stagelist given (banning stages you don't want to go to). Then the loser of the previous game then gets to select any stage (i.e counterpick) from the stagelist given but cannot select a stage "banned" by their oppoenent.
3. Repeat step 2, until a winner of the set is determined best 2/3.
Pokemon Stadium #1
Pokemon Stadium #2
- In the event of a game going to time and the winner cannot be determined by stock, then the game is determined by the player with the lowest percentage
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players. (i.e. Dave's Stupid Rule)
- The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Neutral Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
- Ice Climber infinites and CGs ARE allowed
- DeDeDe's infinites ARE allowed
- If a game ends with Kirby/DeDeDe/Bowser/Ganon doing bowsercide/ganoncide/kirbycide/DeDeDe'cide and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser/Ganon/Kirby/DeDeDe.
- Any Action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
- Stalling is banned.
- Lag switching/freezing/boosting/etc. is NOT allowed, anyone playing with a opponent caught doing it must report to me, that game will immediately be forfeited by the one that caused it.
Stage Striking Procedure
The order of stage striking will be 2-3-1 (Player 1 strikes two stages, followed by Player 2 striking three stages, with Player 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages). Essentially you are "striking" stages you DON'T want to go to.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
How Round Robin Works
This is how Round Robin works, for anyone that's been to an offline competitive SSBB tournament you probably already know how this works. Essentially you're playing "Pools" for anyone familiar with the term. In "Pools", you're grouped into different divisions and every player that is in that division you play them in a set (with the rules specified above, Best 2/3). After all the matches have been played you are then "Seeded" according to your record in your pool. Depending on what seed you get in each pool, you advance to the next round. However, if you get a low or the lowest seed in your pool you may or may not end up advancing. So let's use the image below as an example: This is a pool where the top 3 seeds advance, NAKAT beat everyone in his pool and did not lose a single game, so he gets "1st Seed" in a five man pool because his record was "8-0". FOW takes "2nd seed" because he only lost 2 games and had the 2nd best record in his pool, therefore getting "2nd Seed", and so forth. I'll be running this as 5-man Pools, with the top "3" seeds advancing to the next round, and in each pool I plan to have at least 1 FCU member if not myself in each. So keep this in mind as well. Rewards The Top "3" non-FCU members of the Tournament will receive the FCU award, people who get in top 3 that already have the FCU award will get the Events Awards, and everyone who participates will get the Brawl MAM award below:
As well as entry into FCU Brawl and winning the rewards above for placing in the Top 3
, you will also have access to the private FCU Brawl forum of the site. Participants