Talking ~iSunlight's Art Thread~

Here are a few of my latest pictures :)

My OC, Sunlight Sole Shootingstar:

Spoiler

Another pic of my OC, Sunlight:

Spoiler

A request from a friend, this is Gizmo the Cat:

Spoiler

This is my OC pony, from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Her name is Star Treader:

Spoiler

Backstory on her:

Star Treader is not from Equestria, nor a regular pony. Her race of pony is called the Starr. Ancient ponies would watch in awe at the rare sight of a Starr pony being born. When a new star was to be created, the oldest of the stars would send their reserve power in the form of crystals to the very spot that the star was to be formed. Theses crystals were known as “shooting stars” by the ancient ponies. Once gathered, they would swirl together, increasing speed and power by the second. This process was called the “aurora polaris”, creating beautiful lights of multiple colors. These would then condense, and then expand to the ends of Equestria. In the middle of the condensed aurora polaris, a Starr pony was formed. Mane and tail are dazzled in brilliant stars, and the hair is of two or more shades. Wings and hooves are dipped in a color lighter than the body. A horn extends from the head. As they grow older, the cutiemark appears. The cutiemark varies, but usually refers to which part of galaxy they are best suited to care for. Some are granted the privilege of caring for the new Starr babies. Others are chosen for the governing of the planets. But all work for the good of the universe, and in thanks, giving back what the stars gave to them.

Star Treader is in charge of changing the darkness into the light. A crown was bestowed to her by the stars for her constant encouragement and care for others. This crown is a sign that shows that she was granted authority and acknowledgement amongst all galaxies as Ambassador of Peace. In outer-space and rare circumstances, her hooves will sparkle.

Another picture of Star Treader:

Spoiler

Here's some fan art of Twilight Sparkle:

Spoiler

And the last one for now, fan art of DJ Pon3:

Spoiler

I hope you like my pictures, if you do plz comment :)

Thx for viewing,

~iSunlight
    Sunlight beams through darkness...

For more art, please visit my blog Sunnyopia! http://sonicchao.wordpress.com/

Jhawq is offline Senior Member
    Hub Status: Loading...
    Blog Entries

Re: ~iSunlight's Art Thread~

You have your self some awesome work o -o. What made you choose digital art over hand drawn?

New FC: 0447 6245 4298
    By the great HadoYuki.

iSunlight is offline Digital Artist

Heh, thanks X3 Well, a few years ago when I first started, the forum I was on had a few artists. The best artists were digital artists, and they were Sonic fans so their art was Sonic FCs. I always wanted to know how they did their "magic" by creating beautiful digital art pieces, so I started working on my own digital pieces. Needless to say, I started out with stick-figures lol. But soon enough, I was finding tricks and ways to make my pictures the way I wanted them, to be like my favorite artists'.

Another reason is that I noticed that colors blend a lot nicer when I used digital art, rather than traditional art where there could be gaps (like when I was little, I would use Crayons or color pencils). It's harder, yet at the same time easier, to draw digital art because I can fill in those gaps. I say "harder and easier" because it takes a lot of time and hand-control to fill in those gaps with color and detail, but easier because at least I can fill them in the way I want. :)

Blog Entries

That is some great work you have there.
    It looks very original, and good luck with your future pieces. ^^

Thank you Sunaco ^^

Jhawq is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I can understand where your coming from with the gaps, but crayons are for nubs :D. If you dont want gaps you could use markers ;3. Im going to show you a ladies' awesome artwork with markers

New FC: 0447 6245 4298
    By the great HadoYuki.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawq View Post
    I can understand where your coming from with the gaps, but crayons are for nubs :D. If you dont want gaps you could use markers ;3. Im going to show you a ladies' awesome artwork with markers
    Eh, the markers I had would overlap and mess the whole drawing up XD But I would love to have some REAL tools for traditional art, I've seen a lot of really beautiful art that's traditional.

StephyCat is offline Friendcodes All-Star
    Blog Entries

They're all beautiful and amazing. Can't wait to see more.

:)

^By a good friend of mine.

Thank you ^^ Here's a preview to my next piece:

Spoiler

It's of the "Royal Wedding" that's coming out this Saturday, and I won't say any more of the surprise :)

StephyCat is offline Friendcodes All-Star
    Blog Entries

You're very welcome. Princess Celestia looks really beautiful.

^_^

^By a good friend of mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast