Hub Status: Loading...
    Blog Entries
    Clans
    RB

3ds System Transfer?

Ok, let's say I have a 3ds and a 3ds XL. I got the XL as a bundle with a downloaded game already installed. I want to do a system transfer. So, if I move my data from the 3ds to the XL, will that downloaded game be lost? Or do I have to manually move the game from the XL's SD Card to a folder in the 3ds's SD card?

I tried to find an answer to my question on Nintendo's site, but I couldn't. I was hoping somewhere here would have knowledge on this situation, before I go out and buy a 3ds XL Bundle.

A blast from the past signature.

Lonnie2Pro is offline Next Thing,We're Touching
    Blog Entries

Re: 3ds System Transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquas View Post
    Ok, let's say I have a 3ds and a 3ds XL. I got the XL as a bundle with a downloaded game already installed. I want to do a system transfer. So, if I move my data from the 3ds to the XL, will that downloaded game be lost? Or do I have to manually move the game from the XL's SD Card to a folder in the 3ds's SD card?

I tried to find an answer to my question on Nintendo's site, but I couldn't. I was hoping somewhere here would have knowledge on this situation, before I go out and buy a 3ds XL Bundle.
    I did the same with the Xl, No all your data will be transfer to you Xl like mine, all your games you bought off eshop and the money you still have on eshop will be transfer to the Xl, nothing will be lost i did it twice

It just moving it to your Xl that it, hope it help, Also your Eshop account will be transfer automated

It takes about 15 minutes for all your data to be transfer
    Last edited by Lonnie2Pro; 12-01-12 at 02:53 PM.
    Made By: Lonnie2Pro

Nukem88 is offline Member

I've been curious as to whether or not the stationary you get from swapnote friends will get transfered. A swapnote friend of mine told me after I had sent him a new stationary that he had lost it previously from when he did a system transfer. Anyone know more about stationary being saved during system transfers?
    My friend code is: 1048 - 8000 - 1779 name Nukem88 add me!

Datleco is offline New fave: Tyrunt
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLilPRO View Post
    I did the same with the Xl, No all your data will be transfer to you Xl like mine, all your games you bought off eshop and the money you still have on eshop will be transfer to the Xl, nothing will be lost i did it twice

It just moving it to your Xl that it, hope it help, Also your Eshop account will be transfer automated

It takes about 15 minutes for all your data to be transfer
    Depends on your material and how much you have for it to transfer. If you loaded your 3DS with a lot of stuff, you're going to be sitting around a lot longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem88 View Post
    I've been curious as to whether or not the stationary you get from swapnote friends will get transfered. A swapnote friend of mine told me after I had sent him a new stationary that he had lost it previously from when he did a system transfer. Anyone know more about stationary being saved during system transfers?
    Normally they transfer as well, everything under your name is transferred just like with swapping hard drives on the 360.

Click the Gif Animation for a Special Treat!
    Black 2: Rumar/2409-3058-5016 Add me!
    3DS Friend code: 4725-8154-0398 FC Name: Datleco
    Wii console # - 6161 1532 8252 4949/Mario Kart Wii Tonybob: 2839-1424-0780

Lonnie2Pro is offline Next Thing,We're Touching
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem88 View Post
    you have to use the same sd card from your old 3ds to your new one, everything will be sent your friends, your fc will not change

if i take my sd card out the Xl all my stationary and notes will be gone.

you have to use the same sd card. that why everyone data be lost
    Last edited by Lonnie2Pro; 12-10-12 at 01:19 PM.
    Made By: Lonnie2Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Datleco View Post
    Depends on your material and how much you have for it to transfer. If you loaded your 3DS with a lot of stuff, you're going to be sitting around a lot longer.

Normally they transfer as well, everything under your name is transferred just like with swapping hard drives on the 360.
    Thanks Datleco, I've been asking all my friends on the 3ds about this and finally I get an answer!

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLilPRO View Post
    you have to use the same sd card from your old 3ds to your new one, everything will be sent your friends, your fc will not change

if i take my sd card out the Xl all my stationary and notes will be gone.

you have to use the same sd card. that why everyone data be lost
    I actually double checked the sd card situation with nintendo staff when the 3ds first came out, and they said as long as you copy your files to the new sd card everything should work fine. The person I know who had the problem of losing all their stationary knew this which was why I was wondering, but thanks for the tip!