Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    BreakingDraco's Avatar
    BreakingDraco is offline Expert Pokemon Breeder
    Hub Status: Loading...
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    142

    Dream world Starters

    Now I may be mis-informed on this subject. But I'm sure I read somewhere that the Dream World starter Pokemon such as Speed Boost Torchic were to be gender locked to Male, therefore stopping the spreading of the Dream world ability. Now if I'm wrong then I'll close this and apologize for wasting people's time. But if this is in fact true, then how come both on here and other Pokemon forums, I have seen people advertising that they had Female Dream world Torchics? I'm hopefully wrong and that the starters are not gender locked to male because some of them have been given very useful abilities.

  2. #2
    MysticJon's Avatar
    MysticJon is offline Dragon Tamer
    Hub Status: Loading...
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    114

    Re: Dream world Starters

    The Dream World isn't even open yet anyway, except for Japanese players.

    Also, I never heard anything about Dream World Pokemon being male-only. What about Pokemon that can't be male? Or that are genderless?

    I have a Japanese Dream World Snivy (has the ability Contrary, which reverses changes to its stats).

    "If you say plz, because its shorter than please, I'll say no, because its shorter than yes."

  3. #3
    BreakingDraco's Avatar
    BreakingDraco is offline Expert Pokemon Breeder
    Hub Status: Loading...
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    142

    Re: Dream world Starters

    Quote Originally Posted by MysticJon View Post
    The Dream World isn't even open yet anyway, except for Japanese players.

    Also, I never heard anything about Dream World Pokemon being male-only. What about Pokemon that can't be male? Or that are genderless?
    Well people not in Japan have gotten hold of Dream World Pokemon through GTS and trades so there are a lot more then just in Japan. And I only heard it being mentioned about Starters being Gender locked in Dream World, everything else seems alright. And i stated only the Starters which have be given out as one time events. heres a link to show you what I mean.Link

  4. #4
    mgkthe3rd is offline Senior Member
    Hub Status: Loading...
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    117

    Re: Dream world Starters

    It might only be the starters.

    Dunno I have recieved male and female politoed with drizzle, male and female espeon with magic bounce (think that's it's dream world ability), and Female Torchic with Speed Boost. I am still working to see if Torchic is legit but the other four are undoubtebly legit because I watched the trader get them from the site whle in Japan. Torchic i am still unsure of.

  5. #5
    Hyoushou's Avatar
    Hub Status: Loading...
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    503
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Dream world Starters

    For the record, Dream World is not available to anyone anymore, due to the unfortunate Quakenami in Japan.

    As for the specifics of dream world Ask someone who's actually used it so you can be sure.
    Nothing to see here at this time...

  6. #6
    brenden66780 is offline Member
    Hub Status: Loading...
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    64

    Re: Dream world Starters

    i thought it was delayed until japans problems were resolved?

  7. #7
    Shii's Avatar
    Shii is offline (,,◕ ⋏ ◕,,)
    Hub Status: Loading...
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,222
    Blog Entries
    31

    Re: Dream world Starters

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoandy666 View Post
    Now I may be mis-informed on this subject. But I'm sure I read somewhere that the Dream World starter Pokemon such as Speed Boost Torchic were to be gender locked to Male, therefore stopping the spreading of the Dream world ability. Now if I'm wrong then I'll close this and apologize for wasting people's time. But if this is in fact true, then how come both on here and other Pokemon forums, I have seen people advertising that they had Female Dream world Torchics? I'm hopefully wrong and that the starters are not gender locked to male because some of them have been given very useful abilities.
    It's true. Most DW event pokemon have sealed male gender so as to not spread the abilities. This is true for all the starters, DW Hoenn starters, Sinnoh starters, and Kanto starters as well. I advise you to report anyone who has female DW starters because they are hacked.

    Quote Originally Posted by MysticJon View Post
    The Dream World isn't even open yet anyway, except for Japanese players.

    Also, I never heard anything about Dream World Pokemon being male-only. What about Pokemon that can't be male? Or that are genderless?

    I have a Japanese Dream World Snivy (has the ability Contrary, which reverses changes to its stats).
    First off, that Snivy is hacked. No 5th gen starters (or any other 5th gen pokemon, for that matter) have been released in DW, and they won't be until possibly Grey or whatever comes out.
    Secondly, not all DW pokemon are sealed male. Just the rare events. I know this to be true because I have the Japanese game, and I had access to the DreamWorld for a while before the tsunami hit. All the events I have received through the DW have been male. That includes Speed Boost Torchic, Iron Fist Chimchar, and Rain Dish Squirtle. They have all been male. Pokemon found normally in dreamworld (such as Drought Vulpix and Swift Swim Poliwag) can be found female. Genderless pokemon are always genderless, female-only pokemon such as Miltank are always female, and Nidoran male is always male. Nothing changes that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SockPuppet View Post
    I secretly watch everyone when they are asleep.

  8. #8
    MysticJon's Avatar
    MysticJon is offline Dragon Tamer
    Hub Status: Loading...
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    114

    Re: Dream world Starters

    Quote Originally Posted by Katarina View Post
    First off, that Snivy is hacked. No 5th gen starters (or any other 5th gen pokemon, for that matter) have been released in DW, and they won't be until possibly Grey or whatever comes out.
    Hacked shmacked, I have a Snivy with Contrary.

    "If you say plz, because its shorter than please, I'll say no, because its shorter than yes."

  9. #9
    SHAD0WDUCKLETT's Avatar
    SHAD0WDUCKLETT is offline Emerging from the Shadows
    Hub Status: Loading...
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    284

    Re: Dream world Starters

    If you breed the DW Starters with a Ditto, will the abilities revert to their original ability?
    My starter shop(it has a lot more than just starters) is now open!!!Click here to go there!

  10. #10
    C4RN4GE is offline Junior Member
    Hub Status: Loading...
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16

    Re: Dream world Starters

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon9590 View Post
    If you breed the DW Starters with a Ditto, will the abilities revert to their original ability?
    Yes , you have to breed a female dw with any male of its chain
    WHITE FC: 0561 6132 0053
    BLACK FC: 2838 0182 9023

Similar Threads

  1. Explain Dream World to me
    By the used in forum Past Generations
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-22-11, 07:05 PM
  2. Dream World Question
    By XIIISpades in forum Past Generations
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-17-11, 05:09 PM
  3. Dream World Abilities
    By RioTX in forum Past Generations
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-22-11, 11:24 PM
  4. What Pokemon have you met via Dream World?
    By ApolloXXRain in forum Past Generations
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-15-10, 02:39 AM
  5. Can somebody explain Dream World to me?
    By BeefTaco in forum Past Generations
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-30-10, 12:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53