Brawl 'Til You Fall
: Bringing Your Friends A Doubles Night Tournament
Hosted by Topix the Creator
I asked and you got it. Doubles Night is on, and I'm happy to say that it will be soon. Though this may crunch for time to find partners, I'm sure it'll garner interest and we'll have an amazing turnout. This won't be a FCU event, but I'm assured this will still be a great tournament. Be sure to sign up for "FCU Tournament Biweekly #2: FC 'cross' AiB" (Thread coming sonn). You're also allowed to team with people from other sites as well if you wish, so there are no restraints on who you can team with. If you want to join, post in the thread or VM or PM, and tell me your partner's username if they're on the site or your partner's tag if they aren't.
Date & Time
This tournament will be held on Saturday, October 22nd and will be held during the following times...
8 PM EST
7 PM CST
6 PM MST
5 PM PST
The tournament will be organized in a Xat Chat, so be sure you're there by the times stated above. The link to the chat is below (if you use Wiinet, USE ANOTHER MEANS OF CONNECTING TO THE CHAT, such as an iPhone/iPad/iTouch, smartphone (with flash), or computer, anything excluding Wii):
Xat Chat Link (CLICK HERE!!!)
TEAM ATTACK ON!
Best 2/3 set (Grand, Winners, and Losers Finals are all Best 3/5 set)
Pokemon Stadium #1
- Life stealing is allowed.
- In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
- In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
- The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Neutral Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
- There will be a ledge grab limit implemented for this event. 30 LGL for MK, 40 for everyone (Reasoning for different LGL from standard: I believe 35 is too high for MK [with 25 ledge grabs this limit discourages planking] and 40 for everyone else to help alleviate the difference)
- Scrooging clause (credit given to TKD): MK is only allowed to "scrooge" (act of gliding under the stage) a total of 5 times per game. (1 "scrooge" counts as the act of gliding under the stage from one side to the other)
- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
- All infinites must end promptly at 300%
- Ice Climber infinites and CGs ARE allowed
- DeDeDe's infinites ARE allowed
- If a game ends with Kirby/DeDeDe/Bowser/Ganon doing bowsercide/ganoncide/kirbycide/DeDeDe'cide and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser/Ganon/Kirby/DeDeDe.
- Any Action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
- Stalling is banned.
- Lag switching/freezing/boosting/etc. is NOT allowed, anyone playing with a opponent caught doing it must report to me, that game will immediately be forfeited by the one that caused it.
Since this isn't an FCU tournament I'll be lenient on the stage selection procedure. The counterpicking-ban system will be used (where if someone loses the game they are allowed to get one counterpick and the winner can ban one stage) but players are more free to do what they wish in this tournament, as long as it's agreed upon between both opponents on the opposing team.
Topix the Creator & LTP
Hyperr & SpinDash
TheKoopa151 & XxAshleyxX
DracoBlaze943 & Lil'G
MajesticBrendon & Rick