medium is offline Banned
    Hub Status: Loading...

DSi broken, help? Cartridges don't read?

It's done this before when I try to load the Acekard 2i flash cart on my DSi and it decides not to read the cartridge.
    Basically even though I took this third party DS cartridge out, the DSi keeps displaying nothing when I turn it back on.

It's basically a black screen with yellow numbers on the top left.
    Last time it did this, the error went away and I could play my DSi again... But this is the second time it's done this.

Does anyone know things about how the DSi reads cartridges and what I should do when it starts glitching?
    I'll wind up having to take it out and blow on it, and keep trying multiple times to get it to work, when I really know it's just having difficulty reading the electric signals.

Yeah... It's turning back on now but the screen keeps going black when I turn it back on again. I guess the DSi doesn't want to read my Acekard 2i, after I had Mario Kart DS inside which is a legitimate Nintendo cartridge.

Nobody knows anything about this?

Hmm... I think it's because it's reading regular cartridges and it doesn't want to read the Acekard. Cause I just got it to work by powering it on with Mario Kart DS in it.

Whatever I guess my Acekard 2i is trash now...

Steven9DIY is offline RAF◇
    Blog Entries

Re: DSi broken, help? Cartridges don't read?

try a different DS (i( or clean cartridge?
    i'm a warioware DIY'er

Threnody is offline Yasuo 2stronk5me
    Blog Entries

You also might want to avoid asking advice in relation to the AK2i or other flashcarts around here. Not that your question was specifically about it, but they're not allowed 'round these parts. ;o

You could probably find some help with your DSi problem on gba-temp, though.

Do you like ponies? How about police brutality? Check out my fanfiction about both.

medium is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Moniker View Post
    You also might want to avoid asking advice in relation to the AK2i or other flashcarts around here. Not that your question was specifically about it, but they're not allowed 'round these parts. ;o

You could probably find some help with your DSi problem on gba-temp, though.
    Wow, your signature is pretty intense. o_O

Thanks. I'll try that if it happens again, but my first reaction is to just stop using the freakin' DS.

Marcoboy is offline Friend codes KNOW.-It-All
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by medium View Post
    It's done this before when I try to load the Acekard 2i flash cart on my DSi and it decides not to read the cartridge.
    Basically even though I took this third party DS cartridge out, the DSi keeps displaying nothing when I turn it back on.

It's basically a black screen with yellow numbers on the top left.
    Last time it did this, the error went away and I could play my DSi again... But this is the second time it's done this.

Does anyone know things about how the DSi reads cartridges and what I should do when it starts glitching?
    I'll wind up having to take it out and blow on it, and keep trying multiple times to get it to work, when I really know it's just having difficulty reading the electric signals.

Yeah... It's turning back on now but the screen keeps going black when I turn it back on again. I guess the DSi doesn't want to read my Acekard 2i, after I had Mario Kart DS inside which is a legitimate Nintendo cartridge.

Nobody knows anything about this?

Hmm... I think it's because it's reading regular cartridges and it doesn't want to read the Acekard. Cause I just got it to work by powering it on with Mario Kart DS in it.

Whatever I guess my Acekard 2i is trash now...
    take it into the repairs. or find the part of the DSi cartridge.
    Spoiler

Lalalala I'm on friendcodes lalalala.

iPwnthee is offline FUS RO DAH!

After the DSi update, the AceKard2i will only work on a regular DS or DS Lite. So does the R4. Hopes this helps. XD
    Last edited by iPwnthee; 08-26-11 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something.
    REAL MESSAGE FROM iPwnthee... Heh heh heh...

Threnody is offline Yasuo 2stronk5me
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iPwnthee View Post
    After the DSi update, the AceKard2i will only work on a regular DS or DS Lite. So does the R4. Hopes this helps. XD
    Six-month-old thread, buddy.

Do you like ponies? How about police brutality? Check out my fanfiction about both.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Moniker View Post
    Six-month-old thread, buddy.
    Lol'd at the posts above.

Spoiler