So here's a quick guide for those wondering how the tournaments work.
When the events team has created a tournament, it will get listed in several places:
So you'll have to keep an eye open on these areas!
Events Team members can start up new tournaments. Once a Tournament is open, anyone can openly join it. All tournaments are done on a first come, first serve basis - if there aren't many spaces, get in there quickly!
Once a tournament is open, you'll be met with a similar screen to this:
A - G are on every page of the Tournaments section, and do the following:
- A - Competitions - Takes you back to the Tournaments Homepage
- B - Announcements - View the Announcements
- C - Rules - View the Rules
- D - Tournaments Drop Down - Use to view and categorise Tournament listings.
- E - Ladders Drop Down - Use to view and categorise Ladder listings.
- F - Teams List - Click to view a list of teams currently available.
- G - New - Use this to create a new team. REMEMBER, YOU CAN ONLY CREATE ONE TEAM, NO MORE.
H and I are tournament specific.
- H - Tournament Tools Drop Down - Click this to reveal two options, to join a tournament, or to PM yourself details about the tournament.
- I - Join Tournament - Use this to quickly join a tournament - first come first serve!
J is the comment section that everyone is used to.
Once the tournament is full, and it has begun, the ladder will appear. The tournament creator will send you a PM notifying you that it's begun.
The ladder looks like this:
You then find who you are paired with, and face off against them. You can click on the persons name in the ladder to find their profile page and contact them. Once you have won (or lost =[) you report back in the comments section your results, so the tournament can continue:
You then find your next opponent, and this continues until there is a winner.
Once the winner has been confirmed, the Hall of Fame will be updated, and the tournament is over! It's as simple as that.
Main points are to get in there quickly, and play fairly!